Wednesday, August 10, 2016

STAR ENDURO RIDERS IN THE ASIAN ENDURO SERIES ROUND 2 - PART 1

I have always been honored to be part of the Enduro MTB Community. Enduro MTB is still a relatively small community in the Philippine biking scene but it is growing. The camaraderie and the friendship we had with each other is what i like about it. Above all, our brilliant, talented, gallant and gentleman riders is what i'm most proud of. 

Let me present to you some of the enduro riders in the Philippines who will battle with each other and with the other asian riders in the Asian Enduro Series - Round 2, which is going to be held in Calape, Bohol, this Sept. 10 & 11, 2016.

They are listed according to their hotness. Kidding! They are listed in random order. 


NAME: GABRIEL AMIGO III

First off is this young gentleman from Bislig. He represented our country in the very first Asian Enduro Series  - Round 1 in Nepal last April. He ranked 4th in the elite category, amidst  severe acclimatization and altitude sickness in the mountains of the Himalayas. Now, all eyes are on him as he represent our country once again in the Round 2 of the Asian Enduro Series in Bohol. 

TEAM: TEAM BER ( BISLIG ENDURO RIDERS)
BIKE: GT SANCTION LOCATION: BISLIG, SURIGAO DEL SUR OCCUPATION: SELF EMPLOYED
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? I join the Asian Enduro Round - 2 because my heart is in "enduro".

How are you preparing for the race? I'm preparing well and training hard to get to that podium.

What do you expect from the race? I prepared myself for whatever the race or trail has to offer. I prepared myself so i'm ready for it.

How do you think will you fare in the race? I trust my training and hope for the best. God bless all enduro warriors!




NAME: NIÑO MARTIN EDAY
TEAM: TEAM GROUNDZERO
BIKE: COMMENCAL META AM V4 2016 LOCATION: ILOILO CITY OCCUPATION: EMPLOYED
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? TO EXPERIENCE AND ENCOUNTER NEW TOUGH OPPONENTS AND TO IMPROVED MY RIDING SKILLS.

How are you preparing for the race? BIKE EVERYDAY AND DOING SOME DIFFERENT DRILLS SUCH AS LONG RIDES, DOWNHILL, UPHILL CLIMBS, SPRINTING AND DOING SOME PUMP AND JUMP SESSIONS IN A PUMPTRACK.

What do you expect from the race? I REALLY DON'T EXPECT MUCH TO WIN SINCE IT IS MY FIRST TIME TO JOIN ASIAN ENDURO EVENT, I ONLY EXPECT TO GIVE ALL MY BEST AND HAVE NO INJURIES.

How do you think will you fare in the race? I'll try my best to land in place.


NAME: BRYAN KAISER LEONOR
Team: Reklamo Racing
Location: Quezon City, Ph
Occupation: Operations Senior Analyst at Deutsche Bank

Why did i join rd 2: To gain more race experience and hopefully pick up a thing or two.

How am i preparing? Im focusing on my cardio training by doing xc runs on weekdays after office hours, prolly around 10km a night. And I do play basketball competively so it helps as well. On weekends i do gravity training on patiis dh/enduro tracks. This helps me improve my control and hopefully master how my bike reacts on different line approach(since ill be racing on a new bike)

How do you think i will fare? Im sure its gonna be a tough one. Since its gonna be an asian leg. I expect a lot of good riders will be there. Hoping for a clean and safe run and need to be consistent all through out. Hopefully it will land me on a decent spot 🙂


NAME: ABNER S. ABDULLA
TEAM: BEB (basilan enduro bikers) BIKE: VENZO BIKE hardtail LOCATION: Lamitan city , basilan OCCUPATION: Student
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? To have fun, to represent our city, Basilan and also to achieve my dream of joining the Asian Enduro series.

How are you preparing for the race? Ahmf I train as much as i can.I go to the trail every morning and practive.

What do you expect from the race? I'm expecting a fun and exciting race.

How do you think will you fare in the race? I'l just give my best, ride safe and just enjoy the race.



 NAME: NESTOR SANTAMARIA III
This adorable gentleman is a certified bachelor. The little girl is his goddaughter. 
TEAM: Team Chocobanana
BIKE: Knolly Warden
LOCATION: Naga City
OCCUPATION: Businessman

Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? For the experience. I want to experience the trails of bohol, the thrill of riding with the best enduro riders in Asia and to have the chance to visit the different tourist spots that Bohol has to offer.

How are you preparing for the race? Prepare? I guess riding my bike occasionally is not exactly "preparing" for the race.

What do you expect from the race? I expect it to be tough, difficult and a lot of fun!

How do you think will you fare in the race? I'd probably win if they have a funduro (fun ride/enduro) category. 😝



NAME: NICK ANGELO DE GUZMAN VELASCO
TEAM:Outbreak/DEPR Palawan
LOCATION:puerto Princesa city, Palawan
OCCUPATION: Employed 😄

Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? It is the sports where I belong. I love the trail, natural obstacles, and most of all I really love nature. I really want this kind of competition/sports to enjoy and meet new friends.

How are you preparing for the race? When i'm busy. I ride once a week. But during free time, I go to trail and have fun with nature.

What do you expect from the race? I expect that I able to finish The whole track/trail and also w/o injury and finish it with a smile on my lips.😉

How do you think will you fare in the race? I joining to meet new friends. So if i win that would be a bonus.😃




NAME: OSCAR ACDOL JR.
TEAM: TEAM GROUNDZERO BIKE: FOES FXR LOCATION: ILOILO CITY OCCUPATION: EMPLOYED
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? TO CONQUER NEW AND TOUGH COMPETITORS AND TO EXPERIENCE ASIAN ENDURO EVENT.

How are you preparing for the race? GOING TO GYM 3X A WEEK AND RIDING MY BIKE EVERY MORNING.

What do you expect from the race? I EXPECT TO FINISH IN THE TOP THREE IF OR NOT I EXPECT TO TRY MY BEST.
How do you think will you fare in the race? TRY TO BE IN THE FIVE OR BETTER.




NAME: DRU DEL ROSARIO
TEAM: Rotten Wheels BIKE: Santa Cruz Nomad 3 LOCATION: Makati OCCUPATION: Banker
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2?  I love the sport, I want it to grow and be part of its growth. Joining races is the least I can do to support it even if that means spending for airfare, hotel, etc. This race, in particular, is unique because there are foreigners who will join. It's always nice to go up against the "Who's Who" of the sport and measure yourself up against them.

How are you preparing for the race? I'm currently on a training regimen specific to this mountain biking discipline. Just really started with it so I will see where this training would take me when the race weekend comes. The last couple of races have been horrible and that really pushed me to stick to this training and discipline myself around it.
What do you expect  from the race?  I would be lying if I don't say I expect it to be better than the last. As more races are held, more experiences are gained and to be honest, I have seen improvements for each race I have joined over the last 3 years. I haven't organized a race myself so can I can only imagine the challenges people go through to put up a race....what more a good race!



Also, I expect to gain new friends and to have fun.. These have been really consistent in all the races I joined. I guess this is really one of the key reasons why I participate in this sport. Yes, it's tough. Yes, it's a competition but at the end of the day, we are all winners.

How do you think will you fare in the race? Unfortunately, there's a difference between expectation and reality. I expect myself to land in the top 20 or at least that's always been my goal each race but hasn't always been the case. I think I get better each race but I think other riders get better too so that only tells me that you can't be too complacent.  You either get better or you get worse, can't stay the same!


NAME: MATTHEW ROMUALDEZ
TEAM: S.I.P.A.T. DNF BIKE: 2015 YT Capra AL1 LOCATION: Pasay, Metro Manila OCCUPATION: Entrepreneur
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? After seeing the success of the first round in Nepal, I knew immediately that I should join the second round and take advantage of it being here in the Philippines. It is also part of the Asian series which raises the level of competition which is exciting. New trails, new friends, all fun!

How are you preparing for the race? I’ve been focusing on improving bike handling skills and endurance. I spend a lot of time on the bike and train specifically for what I’ll experience during the race.

What do you expect from the race?

More downhill than uphill sections during the stages, awesome trails, and new faces! How do you think will you fare in the race? I have no idea. I’m just going to focus on doing the best that I can and nothing else.




NAME: RENE B. LUTCHING
TEAM: Rotten Wheels BIKE: SANTACRUZ LOCATION: Taguig City OCCUPATION: Businessman
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? I will join the Asian Enduro Round 2, because it's my big opportunity to ride and compete with the best rider in the country and in the whole of asia. I know, sharing with the same passion with these guys will be so amazing!
How are you preparing for the race? A lot of things i consider for preparing on this race, as far as my injuries is concern. Im pushing so hard to get back the strenght, confidence, and the pace of my ride. Visiting my therapist, going to the gym and having long ride as much as possible. It wouldnt be enough to win this race, but im sure it would be so much to have fun.
What do you expect from the race? It will be awesome and lots of fun. The best experience will awaits us there. How do you think will you fare in the race? I think there'll be no problem with that, the passion and the love of this sport, and camaraderie will make it so easy




NAME: RHOMMEL RAGASA
TEAM: Reklamo Racing
BIKE:Specialized Enduro Sworks 650b LOCATION: La Union OCCUPATION: Regional Operations Officer at Stradcom Corporation
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? I love to travel and i love the place Bohol and it is our privilege to host the Asian Enduro round 2 in the Philippines so it is my honor to race with the best Enduro Rider in Asia and to promote also the sports.



How are you preparing for the race? I am on therapy with my shoulder injury and during weekends just a normal trail ride to Mt. Mayon with my friends from Team UMBA in Legazpi City. Well i am excited to compete with the best enduro rider in asia and also thinking about how the trail looks like in Bohol which keeps me more excited like doing Enduro race in Chocolate hills, that is amazing.

How do you think will you fare in the race? I am just an average enduro rider but i will give my best to race with the best in Asia.




NAME: MARK IBON
TEAM: DEPR (Downhill Enduro Palawan Rider) BIKE: Pivot Mach 6 LOCATION: Puerto Princesa Palawan OCCUPATION: Oil and Gas
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? I want to experience bigger event like this particularly the timing system and the general set-up of the race as I am preparing for Enduro Pilipinas Final Leg in Palawan this coming November.
How are you preparing for the race? We do have some trails that were used last year during Enduro Pilipinas 1st Leg.

What do you expect from the race? Fun and Experience

How do you think will you fare in the race? Average but definitely will try my best to excel and most importantly enjoy the race and have good time with other participants




NAME: VIRGILIO JOSE SENAR (Bhokie)
TEAM: Team Chocobanana BIKE: Jamis LOCATION: Magarao, Cam Sur OCCUPATION: Self employed
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? I dont know why...haha the experience perhaps and the action shots.

How are you preparing for the race? Eat, sleep, bike, repeat.

What do you expect from the race? Lots of friends and new friends to meet

How do you think will you fare in the race? I hope to survive and finish the race in one piece with my bike.


NAME: RANDY B. PALMA
TEAM :Trailjunkiesph LOCATION:Valenzuela city

Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? For thrill and adventure

How are you preparing for the race? Regular trail rides every Sunday.

What do you expect from the race? Fun and excitement!

How do you think will you fare in the race? Personal expense.




NAME: EMCAS CASTRODES
TEAM : Team Bikelab CDO BIKE: Specialized Enduro comp LOCATION: Cagayan de Oro City OCCUPATION; Businessman
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? I join the Asian Enduro for fun, enjoyment and experience.

How are you preparing for the race? We bike every Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

What do you expect from the race? I expect fun and meet new friends and bikers.


How do you think will you fare in the race? About the race doesn't matter as long we enjoyed the race. Thanks.




NAME: ASHLEY PAJARILLO
TEAM: Team Baldog AGE: 39 LOCATION: Manila OCCUPATION: Banker
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? I only hear stories from my friends about how fun and exciting the race was. It somehow interests me to experience the same hence i have decided to join.

How are you preparing for the race? I only started riding enduro last april of this year and like everyone else, i just go bike trails on weekends. I have tried some difficult courses in Patiis, san mateo, Rizal which somehow improved my riding skills. This is nothing compared to those who afford to practice on weekdays.



What do you expect from the race? I expect to gain new friends as everyone has told me and of course, to improve my riding skill.


How do you think will you fare in the race? I don't expect to place in the race, i just there for the experience and to finish within cut off ( if there's any).






NAME: LAWRENCE M. AGUINILLO
TEAM: Zero Emmission, Team Eniduro, Enduro Cam Sur
LOCATION: Naga City
OCCUPATION: District Manager Cathay Drug
Why did you join the Asian Enduro Round 2? My first international race, experience will be my great teacher.

How are you preparing for the race? Endurance Practice, 2-3 times a week..Cardio workout.
What do you expect from the race? Im expecting for a full blast adrenaline rush.


Watch out for the riders from Team ZERO and Team F.A.C.E. in the Part 2 of our Star Enduro Riders in the Asian Enduro Series-Round 2. 





Please click the link above to like our FB page. Thank you.


                                     For comments, questions or  suggestions,  please email us at  ione.mejia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment